Brooks-Tate Photo Album
In December 2007, Vada Anderson rediscovered a photo album in her home in Winston-Salem, NC.
It probably belonged to Annie Elizabeth Brooks (1873-1952).
It contains 40 photos.
Most individuals are probably Brooks or Tate-Family relatives.
Photos appear to have been taken during the 1880s and 1890s.
Tintypes could be older.
Very few of these individuals are known.
Photos were shot in studios in Burlington, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, and Reidsville, North Carolina.
Others were shot as far away as: Danville, Virginia; Salem, Virginia; Gainesville, Texas; Baltimore, Maryland; Lexington, Kentucky; and Little Rock, Arkansas.
If you are a Brooks or Tate-Family researcher, you may find some hidden treasure here.
The order of photos below is the same as in the album.
- BrooksTate06, probably Jay Webster Tate, definitely Annie Elizabeth Brooks, unknown, unknown
- BrooksTate13, Ella Banks Whitted (1861-1914), sister of Nannie Edwin Whitted (1866-1930), unrelated to Brooks or Tates
- BrooksTate15, tintype
- BrooksTate20, written on back: "John H. Brooks, Gannaway, N.C."
- BrooksTate21, tintype
- BrooksTate27, probably Jay Webster Tate (1862-1932)
- BrooksTate28, definitely Annie Elizabeth Brooks, age 18, written on back: "Annie, Mar 1891"
- BrooksTate30, written on back: "J. H. Brooks, Haw River, N.C."
- BrooksTate36, tintype
- BrooksTate39, tintype